Bridging the difference® from directing to enabling performance
Most companies that do what you do approach the work from an academic, clinical, or classroom perspective. You approach client problems from a practical perspective, our real world.”—Group President, High Tech Manufacturing Firm
Every employee can reach higher levels of performance with support of a capable coach.
- Better understand what your staff needs from coaching, versus what you think they need.
- Interact with your direct reports to enlist their self-assessment.
- Guide your employees’ to help them maximize their effectiveness.
1-Day Workshop ACTIVITIES AND OUTCOMES
- Understand the role, responsibilities, characteristics, and competencies of a coach.
- Define coaching and why and how it works.
- Understand the skills and tools of coaching and when to apply them.
- Identify the difference between a boss and a coach and how to shift between the two.
- Learn a framework for assessing employee performance and identifying their path to improvement.
- Discover the rule of optimization that helps employees focus on the things that matter.
- Apply the framework to assess your current employees.
- Develop action plans for your coaching process.
- Understand the difference between individual and team coaching and how to apply the framework in both contexts.
- Identify particular challenges of coaching and how to overcome them.
- Develop a plan to coach yourself to better capability.